Terms & Conditions
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
This Agreement made and executed by and between the RENTER and CEBU EASY RENT A CAR.
CEBU EASY RENT A CAR hereby rents to the RENTER the vehicle described on the first page hereof, subject to the terms and conditions contained herein and in consideration thereof, the RENTER acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. That the RENTER shall possess a valid Philippine or International Driving License during the rental period and that in operating the rented vehicle, the RENTER must comply with all existing Philippine Traffic Laws.
2. TERMS OF PAYMENT – To pay the amount due as indicated on the front page hereof. Only Cash Payments shall be accepted.
3. RENTAL HOURS – A day’s rental is equivalent to 24 hours. If rental shall exceed six (6) hours, the same shall be considered as a one-day rental and the daily rate shall be applied. Excess hours shall be charged at 16% of the daily rate.
4. That the RENTER received the rented vehicle in good condition and acknowledge liability for the cost of gasoline, parking fees and other fees incurred during the rental period. And that the RENTER must return the said vehicle, together with all the original tire, tools, accessories and equipment to CEBU EASY RENT A CAR on the specified/agreed place, date and time as indicated on the first page hereof.
5. That the said vehicle shall not be operated in the following cases, to wit:
a. By any person other than the RENTER or the declared driver as specified on the first page hereof, unless there is prior written permission from CEBU EASY RENT A CAR.
b. By a person who is less than 25 years of age, whether or not such person has a valid driver’s license.
c. By any person under the influence of liquor/alcohol or drugs.
d. To carry passengers or properties for a consideration.
e. To travel to a mountain trail or other areas which are impassable for vehicles.
f. To ferry the rented vehicle outside of the Province of CEBU.
g. To transport goods in violation of existing customs rules and regulations or in any other manner deemed illegal.
h. To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other heavy materials with or without wheels.
i. By any person who has a pending case, otherwise convicted of a crime against public property.
j. To operate the rented vehicle in any motor sports events.
k. By any person who is/have symptoms of or previous record of mental illness.
6. That the RENTER shall be liable to pay interest at the rate of twenty four percent (24%) per annum in case of delay in payment of rental fee within the period provided; should the matter be referred to a lawyer, it is agreed that the RENTER shall pay the attorney’s fees at the rate of 25% of the amount due but in no case shall it be less than Five Thousand Pesos (Php5,000.00), in addition to the cost of suit.
7. That the RENTER hereby consents that in case of suit arising out or in connection with this agreement, the venue is agreed to be in Mandaue City.
8. That the liability of CEBU EASY RENT A CAR for any kind of damage arising from accidents, loss of life or property, actual, moral and exemplary damages over and above the specified insurance coverage shall be limited only to the amount the RENTER has paid in premium to CEBU EASY RENT A CAR.
9. COLLISION DAMAGE – The RENTER is responsible for the first TWENTY THOUSAND PESOS (Php20,000.00) as damages to the vehicle of CEBU EASY RENT A CAR but this liability may be waived by payment of the Participation Fee of 1% of the vehicle’s insured value. The RENTER will be liable, however, for the full cost of damage if the vehicle is driven in violation of the RENTAL AGREEMENT or for failure to submit a police report and a photocopy of the driver’s license and passport during the accident.
10. PERSONAL ACCIDENT – The insurance carried by the vehicle of CEBU EASY RENT A CAR covers the driver’s liability for injury to others and provides coverage up to Fifty Thousand Pesos (Php50,000.00) for every passenger but up to four (4) passengers.
11. FOR SELF-DRIVE RENTAL – The RENTER shall be liable for the 1% participation of the vehicle’s insured value as the RENTER’S participation in case of a vehicular accident. The RENTER is also liable for the loss of income while the vehicle is being repaired, in such case the RENTER’s liability shall be equivalent to the number of days the car will repaired multiplied by the daily rate of the unit.
12. EXTENSION OF RENTAL – Should the RENTER wish to extend the rental beyond the previously agreed return date and time, the RENTER must immediately advise CEBU EASY RENT A CAR. Failure to notify shall mean that the customer has violated this Rental Agreement.
13. That CEBU EASY RENT A CAR, while taking all precautions and using its best effort to maintain the road-worthiness of the vehicle, shall not be liable for mechanical failure of the rented vehicle or any consequential damages. The RENTER shall not make any claim for damages against CEBU EASY RENT A CAR for delay through breakdown or accident and that the RENTER shall not authorize any person to repair and/or to change any part of the car without the prior knowledge and written approval of CEBU EASY RENT A CAR. The RENTER shall pay for the damages to the car resulting from his/her negligence.
14. In case of a vehicle accident or damage caused by any fortuitous event when the RENTER is not at fault or in any way negligent, the RENTER is bound to shoulder only the 1% of the vehicle’s insured value whichever is higher otherwise covered by an insurance policy, and if the cost of repair, damage and consequential liabilities are covered by and recoverable from an insurance cover. It is immaterial as to whose fault or negligence the damage was caused. Otherwise, the RENTER shall be liable for the whole amount if he/she is at fault or was negligent in driving the vehicle.
15. In case of trips outside Metro Cebu, the RENTER binds himself to advice CEBU EASY RENT A CAR in writing of his/her intentions thereabout, failure to do so shall render the RENTER liable for all cost of fixing any engine and mechanical trouble happening along its route. In all cases, the vehicle should be driven by an authorized driver or else the RENTER shall be liable for breach of this agreement.
16. The RENTER hereby releases CEBU EASY RENT A CAR of and from any liability for loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by the RENTER or any other person in or upon the vehicle before or during the rental period or after the return of the vehicle to CEBU EASY RENT A CAR. The RENTER further agrees to hold CEBU EASY RENT A CAR harmless from and to defend and indemnify CEBU EASY RENT A CAR against all claims and costs based upon or arising out to such loss or damage.
17. That the parties herein agree to adopt all the stipulations, terms and conditions appearing on the first page of this agreement as an integral part hereof.